I swear!
I am, however, without a computer for the moment. My a/c adapter had been acting up for some time, and finally bit the dust last week, refusing to work no matter how much I jiggled the cord or smacked it angrily (that came out a lot more sexually than I had intended it...). I had been hoping it would make it until Holy Week, when I´m going to be briefly back in Michigan (assuming my boss signs my paperwork to give me permission), but it was not to be.
Luckily, having a warranty with Dell is sweet. I tried calling, but couldn´t from the phones in the ciber (apparently they don´t do toll free numbers), so I ended up having an instant-message conversation with a service person, who initially said he couldn´t ship internationally, but when I dropped the ¨well, I´m in the Peace Corps, and am going to be here for two years¨ line on him, he became extremely helpful, and said that they would ship a replacement adapter TO MY HOUSE in Jalapa within a week. They´ve since called and confirmed my address, and supposedly will be up sometime this week. If they really come through, and are up here with an adapter that works before the end of the week, I´ll be a customer for life.
So I had entries about school and THE DREADED EVANGELISTS FROM COSTA RICA all typed up, but they will have to wait until I can turn my computer on again.
Until then, know that I´m enjoying school, am sano and salvo (safe and sound), and am still happy to be here.
I've always gotten really good service with Dell, and I'm on my second laptop, having chosen to upgrade to get a lighter/faster computer. Glad to hear that barring a laptop charger malfunction you are alive & doing well!
ReplyDelete