... "Outer Space," also known as "The United States of America," was amazing. As were the three weeks that followed in Nicalandia. And they will all get their due, but I've got some housekeeping to take care of first:
It's been three months since I've had a substantive update. If I were a person following this blog, I'd probably have stopped checking for updates by now. And, I've got to imagine a lot of people have, family members, girlfriend, and especially-tech-savvy-or-devoted-friends-who-also-blog aside.
My resolution for the year, which wasn't really a New Year's Resolution, since I thought it up during my group's training on the beach, is to fix this. I want to take a webcomics ethic in this, and make my update schedule not just whenever I feel like it, which leads to me procrastinating on writing, which leads to nothing at all getting blogged. So, instead, I will try to update on Fridays. Every Friday, I'll try and have something new up. If I start building up a big backlog, I might try for twice a week, but I think once a week is a sufficient goal for me for right now. There will be a bit of a torrent coming up (promise!), because the reason I haven't been writing is because I've been really busy (and made the conscious decision not to bring my computer on my great vagancia, which started in Mid-December), and I do in fact have a bunch of entries on deck.
So we'll see how that works out, but my hopes are pretty high, as I suppose everyone's are when they start working on being better people in January. Anyway, as if you didn't know, the title of the entry paraphrases Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive," which I absolutely destroyed with fellow PCV Jaime during a Karaoke competition at our January training, which was attended by maybe four TEFL PCV's; our bosses, Joayne and Karen; and maybe a dozen Nica English Teachers. So for those of you that missed it, here it is, as captured by Donna:
No comments:
Post a Comment