So I started a playlist the first week I was home from school, and have been adding to it as the days have dragged on into weeks and now months. I want to share it now that I have rediscovered my public venue for sharing things. I'll put artist/song/lyrics that make it appropriate for the moment.
The Smiths - Panic (Panic on the streets of London... I wonder to myself: will life ever be sane again?)
The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me (see title).
The Cure - Lovesong (Whenever I'm alone, with you, you make me feel like I am home again... however far away, I will always love you)
R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - (see title... also I listened to this song play ominously for an hour on repeat on Planet 96.3 (radio station in the greater Detroit metro area playing hits from the 80's, 90's and now, at the time) at the beginning of the great blackout of the summer of 2003)
Los Campesinos! - 5 Flucloxacillin (Not many songs out there with an antibiotic in the title)
Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons (Back at base, bugs in the software, flash the message: "something's out there!"... Panic bells! It's red alert! There's something here from somewhere else! ... the President is on the line as 99 red balloons go by)
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (When I was a child, I had a fever/my hands felt just like two balloons/Now I've got that feeling once again, I can't explain, you would not understand, this is not how I am...)
Childish Gambino - This Is America (see title... also don't catch you slippin' up!)
Arcade Fire - Neighborhood 1 (Tunnels) - (Since, there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long, and forget all we used to know)
Iron & Wine - Waitin' For Superman - (Tell everybody, waitin', for Superman, that they should try to, hold on, best they can; he hasn't dropped them, forgot them, or anything; it's just too heavy, for a Superman, to lift)
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - (see title)
Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again - (We'll, meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day...)
The Mountain Goats - This Year - (I am gonna make it, through this year, if it kills me...)
My Chemical Romance - Helena - (Things are better if I stay)
NOFX - Just The Flu - (When the news had spread, that soon we'd all be dead, well it just blew our minds... How could such a viral thing destroy humanity? A few weeks 'til extinction and there's nothing we can do/A message sent to other worlds will say "It was just the flu")
NOFX - Generation Z - (I think that our kids will probably see, the end of humanity, as we know it, cuz this world's about to blow it)
No comments:
Post a Comment