Thursday, December 10, 2009

Birthmas Wishlist

December 8, 2009

Things I’d enjoy receiving for what Kim and I have come to term “Birth-mas,” or the month of time between Christmas and my birthday when it would be awfully nice to receive things:

Things to flavor my water: The water here’s gross. I boil it, then save it in old Gatorade and Squiz (orange drink) bottles. After this, I chug the water from the bottles, so as not to have to taste how gross it is. There are little packets of crystal lite and other brands sold in stores in the states that make water taste like sports drink; these are things I want large quantities of in my life. My favorite common artificial flavors are strawberry and grape, and if these packets could also be somewhat beneficial to my health (i.e. infused with vitamins), so much the better.

Tea: I guess this also counts as something to flavor my water. People grow their own coffee here, so no one drinks tea, and the only tea that is sold in Jalapa is tea designed to do things to you (i.e. give you diarrhea, treat diabetes, help make menopause less… menopausal, etc.). I got some tea made from the leaves of Jamaica flowers in Ocotal, but I do miss my Tazo teas.

Pictures of you (and me)
: so, facebook and the digital age greatly facilitate the storing and sharing of pictures. However, I feel they’ve sadly also made physical pictures somewhat of a rarity; I can’t put a facebook picture on my real wall (or print in color here). So, if you have pictures of me and you together, or you with other people I know, or just of you!, that you could print or spare a copy of, I’d probably like to see your face down here.

Books Books Books:
I like books. I also think they’re best when they’re shared, so if you’d like to pass one on to me that you found particularly thought-provoking, that’d be cool.

Music:
I love mix cds. They are great gifts, especially if liner notes are included.

Art supplies:
I will always appreciate a good box of markers/crayons/colored pencils/pens/permanent markers/whiteboard markers/stickers

That’s probably the extent of things I’d like that are easily sent by padded mailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment