Saturday, September 26, 2009

Woo!

Quick things, because I've got to be getting home before dark:

- I'm feeling a post coming on about how i've changed in my time down here so far; i already feel like i do a lot of things differently than i did in the U.S.

- I deem Pizza To Go the best pizza place (so far) that i've experienced in Nicaragua, in terms both of quality of product and value.

- I'm cooking for my family tomorrow! I bought all the ingredients I need to make my soy + veggie stir-fry over pasta with marinara sauce, and I'm super excited about it.

- thank you to people who have commented on my previous posts! I had no idea anybody was, because I wasn't getting emails when it happened; So, my phone number is actually 011 505 8383 2584 (thanks Lauren (Grace?)). Also Kate, if you're willing, books and markers would be amazing! (but it's really pretty expensive to send a heavy package, so i would totally understand if you did not!)

- So are people hearing about Honduras up there? Because they've like, closed their borders, and are having riots and ransackings of stores and stuff. Things are pretty bad there, which worries me somewhat, because they're just to the north of Nicaragua. I wish I still had newspapers to read.

Now, home, para cenar!

4 comments:

  1. A book and two sets of markers would not be all that expensive. Where shall I find your address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First post, or now conveniently located in a sidebar of the main page! or here again, for convenience' sake:

    Steve Carpenter
    Voluntario del Cuerpo de Paz
    Apartado Postal 3256
    Managua, Nicaragua
    Central America

    Thank you so much! It means a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, Lauren Sayig. Isn't Lauren Grace now married? If that's the case, I certainly hope she doesn't have a Guatemalan bf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is! I think her last name is Colton now; I figured Adam could have been globetrotting to Guatemala at some point in their relationship... anyways. It's good to hear from you! Hope all is well on your end!

    ReplyDelete